“I have ‘good’ kids, but I also know they’ll make mistakes. I just don’t want it to be the kind they can’t recover from. That’s why I created the PACT.”
Jim Huger, Founder of The PACT
“If we can prevent or even simply delay young people from experimenting with drugs, we can prevent drug addiction.”
Surgeon General Vivek H. Murthy, M.D., M.B.A (The Surgeon General’s Report 2016)
Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Tulane University School of Medicine
The PACT is helping families in surprising ways. What will your story be?
“The PACT made the conversation easier.
The PACT gave me the tools to initiate the ‘drug’ conversation with my daughter in a different way. I was shocked to learn how much my 12-year-old was actually exposed to, in and out of school. This made my decision easy. Now, my daughter bugs me about the tests so she can get her reward money!”
Laura S. – LA
“My daughter asked me for The PACT.
I was talking about The PACT with a friend. I guess my daughter overhead me saying that I wasn’t sure I needed it because I trusted her. Afterward, my daughter came up to me and said she wanted me to sign-up for The PACT. I never realized the amount of pressure she is under…how it affects her everyday actions. My daughter feels more comfortable having something to blame when saying “no.” The PACT has been a supportive tool for her and for us.”
Roberta G.- IN
“My son was falsely accused at school.
My son was hanging with a group of kids suspected of smoking pot at his school. Since he’s on The PACT, I informed the school that we test him and showed them the clean drug results. It was a relief for me to know, without a doubt, that my son wasn’t part of that. Providing the drug results to our school saved my son and me from potential trouble.”
Whit K – LA
The PACT Explained
Get answers to common questions.
What is The PACT?
The PACT is a tool that helps parents start a dialogue with their children about drugs. The subscription includes hair based drug tests and uses a rewards-based system to encourage kids and teens to resist the pressure of drug use. All new members will receive their first drug immediately after signing up.
How do the PACT drug tests work?
- The PACT sends the two hair drug tests to your shipping address each year and an additional drug test immediately after signing up.
- The PACT randomly selects the testing dates in each six-month period of your annual subscription. You will be notified before shipping.
- Some parents would like to test right away or more often. As a PACT member, you can get additional tests at member pricing ($49.99 for the hair test plus $25.00 in reward money.)
When will my child receive their first drug test?
All parents and children who make a PACT will receive their first drug test immediately after signing up. After the initial test, you will receive one drug test every 6-months for as long as your pledge is active.
How accurate is hair drug testing?
- Hair drug testing is the most accurate and effective method of finding illicit substances used today. When compared to other forms of testing, for instance, urinanalysis, which only detects drugs within 2-3 days of use, hair drug tests evaluate drug molecules densely embedded inside the head hair shaft and eliminates outside contamination as a source of positive test results. Since the average growth rate of human head hair is approximately ½ inch per a month, a hair analysis covers an approximate 90-day time frame (perhaps up to 120 days).
- The lab used by The PACT screens hair samples using Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) methodology, which has been proven reliable for routine drug testing. The lab is accredited by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and all tests are supervised, reviewed and approved by credentialed staff scientists. Our lab has performed more than 1.5 million hair drug tests.
Is drug testing private?
- Privacy is very important to us at The PACT. Tests are sent to our lab with a specimen ID only; no personal information is given. At the same time, drug test results are for our customers’ eyes only. Results are read by you with the entry of your specimen ID. We do not report test results to schools or elsewhere.
- After 60 days from the date you send your test to the lab, any internal association that links your PACT to a drug test is destroyed.
How are rewards handled?
- Each PACT subscription comes with $50 in starter reward money that is split across two reward-based hair drug tests annually. In addition, family and friends can add reward money to your child’s PACTs. When this happens, the reward money is split across the next two available hair drug tests.
- If you would like to hold and accrue a percentage of added reward money to long-term savings, you have this option. The PACT holds all reward money in an FDIC-insured bank account with IBERIABANK, the largest bank in Louisiana.
It’s simple. Connect, Pledge, Confirm, Reward.
Get Instant Access To The PACT Today!
Your PACT subscription includes:
- Teen Talk tips, ongoing conversation guides, videos, and games.
- (3) Hair Drug Tests, the first given upon sign up. ($250.00 Retail Value)
- $50 Starter Rewards included in your subscription price.*
- Comprehensive drug, parenting, and teen resources.
- PACT Creator and Pledge for you and your child.
- Child PACT Page & Account to show their pledge, rewards, messages, and videos.
- Complete parent permissions and controls.
- Fun rewards tracking and building tools.
- Additional Hair Drug Tests and other tests at member pricing… and much more!